|Intro to Free-motion Quilting class at MidSouth Sewing, Knoxville, TN.|
Here are a few of the many reasons:
- You get questions answered on the spot.
- Someone is there to troubleshoot and help you.
- Fabrics, notions, tools are readily accessible if you need or have forgotten something.
- You learn from the teacher as well as other students in class—in addition to making new friends who share your passion.
|Free-motion quilting students at MidSouth Sewing, Knoxville, TN.|
This week I was fortunate to be part of the educational offerings at both MidSouth Sewing in Knoxville, TN, and Pins and Needles Quilt Shop in Chattanooga, TN.
|Student free-motion work.|
|Piece by Numbers: the Celebration Tree class at MidSouth Sewing, Knoxville, TN.|
|Paper piecing examples and patterns were on hand in the classroom.|
|A preview of upcoming fabric collections from Blank Quilting Corp|
and StudioE Fabrics at MidSouth Sewing.
|Store customers previewed upcoming fabric lines.|
|Sample quilt tops, tote bags and garments showcase current Blank Quilting Corp fabric lines|
and popular pre-cut 2.5" fabric strips and 5" charm squares.
On Saturday, Pins and Needles Quilt Shop in Chattanooga was near capacity with two quilting classes—my Intro to Free-motion Quilting as well as a hand quilting class.
|Free-motion quilting students at Pins and Needles Quilt Shop, Chattanooga, TN.|
|Students working on free-motion designs.|
|Student samplers from my Intro to Free-motion Quilting class.|
|Class attendees from Intro to Free-motion Quilting, MidSouth Sewing, Knoxville, TN.|
|Class attendees Intro to Paper Piecing: the Celebration Tree|
MidSouth Sewing, Knoxville, TN.
- I didn't know I could combine different quilting designs on one quilt. Now I have some ideas.
- The explanation of thread and needle sizes was very helpful.
- I now have more ideas/designs I can use for meander quilting.
- I picked up some new tips for paper piecing.
- I'm glad you covered the other steps in the quiltmaking process. This was very informative and helpful.
- Great handouts!
|The Tomato Head restaurant, The Gallery Shopping Center, Knoxville.|
Thanks again to all my new friends who came out to join me in class! Visit your local quilt shop (YLS) and let the owner and staff know what classes and topics are of interest to you. And, leave a comment for me as well! We will connect and I hope to see you again very soon.